Paragraph 2

16:00:00 Unknown 1 Comments

Paragraph 2
Paragraph 2
I chose to wander by Bethlehem Hospital; partly, because it lay on my road round to Westminster;partly,because I had a fancy in my head which could be best pursued within sight of its wals. And the fancy was: Are not the sane and the insane equal at night as the condition of those inside it, every night of our lives? Are we not nightly persuaded, as they daily are, that we associate preposterously with kings and queens, and notabilities of all sorts? Do we not nightly jumble events and personages and times and places, as these do daily? Said an afflicted man to me, when I visited a hospital like this, 'Sir, I can frequently fly.' I was half ashamed to reflect that so could I by night. I wonder that the great master, when he called Sleep the death of each each day's life, did not call Dreams the insanity of each day's sanity.


1. It can be correctly inferred that Bethlehem hopital:
    A) is very close to Westminster
    B) has patients who are regarded as insane
    C) is a place the author has visited before
    D) none of these


2. The author makes his point with the aid of all of the following except:

    A) rhetorical questions
    B) personal anecdote
    C) allusion
    D) frequent use of metaphor


You Might Also Like

1 comment:

Confused? Feel Free To Ask
Your feedback is always appreciated. We will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.